Winters here are amazing. The most vivid sunsets. Mists hanging in the trees like Brigadoon. Bright sunny days where you barely need a sweater. Or nature at her wildest with tearing wind and rain. The storm watching is very cool. So is the whale watching...especially while sitting in our steamy, open-air slate spa overlooking the ocean - the only one of its kind on the Oregon coast.
Private and secluded, WildSpring is a small, eco-friendly resort in Port Orford, 60 miles north of California with a zero carbon footprint. On five acres of old Native American grounds, it offers comfortable luxury in a naturally beautiful environment.
You will feel like you're visiting a private estate rather than a hotel.
Stay in cozy, elegant cabin suites filled wwith art and antiques, in a quiet forest of 100-ft trees. Relax in the Guest Hall with a floor-to-ceiling ocean panorama. Help yourself to refreshments at any time and play a game or work on an old-fashioned jigsaw puzzle.
Sleep in a peaceful forest where the loudest sound you hear all night is an owl. Enjoy a breakfast buffet overlooking the ocean and look for whales and fishing boats.
You could enjoy an incabin massage, walk to the ocean or spend the day at local art galleries, hiking trails or historical sites. Or just sit on the deck with a mug of hot chocolate (with marshmallows!), catch up on your reading and feel the ocean pounding the shore. And you think...maybe I'll just hang around here with the deer.
A perfect winter getaway. Think of it as nature with four stars.
Click here for a video about WildSpring
• Five elegant cabin suites
• Open-air slate jetted hot tub overlooking the ocean
• Guest Hall with floor-to-ceiling ocean views
and modern, fully equipped kitchen
• A (really good!) free breakfast buffet
• High-speed WiFi network - free
• Flat-panel TV/DVD (movies only - with a free library
almost 600 DVDs),
CD/iPod stereo and
in every cabin
• Fine Oregon wines by the bottle
• Walking labyrinth
• Plush spa robes, natural bodycare products
• Incabin massage
• Guest bikes, binoculars and hiking guides
• Guided hiking tours by author Cathy Boden
• Help yourself to beverages, juices,
popcorn and chocolates (!) at any time
• Check out our new gift collections at Etsy
...and click here for some cool things to do while visiting
And check out a beautiful new video about Port Orford